The HPE FlexNetwork 5140 HI Switch series delivers high availability and scalability at the access layer of medium and large enterprise campus networks.
These switches offer high speed connectivity and flexibility with 10GbE uplinks, and combo ports. Support for add-on modules increases capacity or provides additional features. It is a highly cost-effective switch with abundant features such as DRNI and IRF for improved resiliency, QoS features for better reliability, iNQA for real time network health performance and capacity visibility, hardware based MACsec for end-to-end encrypted security and dual redundant power supplies with Energy Efficient Ethernet for improved power saving.
This Switch Series also includes Smart MC at no additional cost and combined with Intelligent Management Center (IMC), provides embedded network management, enhanced network visibility and automation.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS | Highly Resilient and Scalable Access Layer Switches
- The HPE FlexNetwork 5140 HI Switch series uses Intelligent Resilient Framework (IRF) to support virtualization of up to nine physical switches into one logical device for simpler, flatter, more agile and resilient networks.
- Supports 10GbE uplinks, static and RIP routing, PoE+, ACLs, IPv6 for improved and cost-effective network performance.
- DRNI, enables link aggregation from multiple switches to implement device-level link backup for node redundancy. DRNI also provides access to the aggregate bandwidth and simplifies network topology by virtualizing two physical devices into a logical device.
- iNQA helps in measuring network packet loss performance, forward, reverse, and two-way packet loss, including lost number of messages and bytes, message loss and byte loss rate.
- Dual, redundant, hot-swappable power supplies maintain a dynamic and highly available network switch delivering up to 1440 Watts of PoE+ for powered cameras, phones, and wireless Access Points.
Robust Quality of Service (QoS)
- The HPE FlexNetwork 5140 HI Switch series supports advanced classifier based QoS which groups traffic using multiple match criteria based on Layer 2 and 3 information; it applies QoS policies such as setting priority level and rate limit to selected traffic on a port, VLAN, or the entire switch.
- Provides extensive traffic prioritization with strict priority (SP) queuing, weighted round robin (WRR) and SP+WRR.
- Broadcast control and limitation of broadcast traffic rate can reduce unwanted network traffic and preserve more bandwidth for critical data.
- General Information
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- Manufacturer Website Address
- Brand Name
- Product Line
- Product Series
- 5140 HI
- Product Type
- Ethernet Switch